Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Thursday 29 May 2014

May's Favorites


Another month, another load of products that have made their way into the mix! May has been a pretty hectic one; I set myself a spending ban, which lasted all of three days. My puppy developed an eye infection, and then had an allergic reaction to his eye drops which was a very 'heart in mouth' situation while I raced him to the vets, and May was the month that I took on my second job, of which I love, but it does mean that I'm missing more and more of my beloved sleep. Somehow I've managed to squeeze in finding some new favourite products and pick up some old faithfuls too. Here's what I've been loving in the month of May..

So, a new product that I've genuinley fallen in love with is my new go to, holy grail foundation. It is of course, non other than the Vichy Dermablend Foundation. I originally bought this foundation in the colour 45 Gold, which when I'm fully tanned is the perfect colour match, but for when I'm not so tanned (lets say in the exfoliation and reapplication period) its much, much too dark. Which led me to buy another bottle in the shade 25 Nude. You see, I just couldn't bear to not have this foundation to wear all the time, and hated having to move on to another foundation that was better suited to my paler shade. You can read my full review on this foundation here. But if you are looking for a new foundation, I would certainly giving this one a trial run. Its 25% more pigmented than most other foundations which means you only need a tiny dribble of the fluid, its lightweight yet a super full coverage and best of all it seems to make my skin feel a hell of a lot more healthy and less suffocated! 

Another new kid on the block is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Warm Medium. I have seen this concealer raved about on almost every blog I've read or vlog that I've watched, and its easy to see why. This concealer is super creamy, covers really well and goes the distance. I've found myself using this concealer every day, either on its own or teamed with other concealers for added concealing! Another pro for this product? The price tag, super product at super affordable prices!

Of course this wouldn't be a favourites post if I didn't mention the L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Concealer which, if you're a regular you will know has been my dupe for the YSL Touche Eclat for a really long time now. I've repurchased this one over and over again and it never fails to disappoint! I use this to subtly highlight the under the eyes, down the nose, the cupids bow, in between the brows and of course a little under the brow arch! It does a really good job and for the price, its a clear winner!

I've never really thought of having a makeup brush in a monthly favourites post, but I cannot express to you how much I really love the Flat Top Kabuki Brush from Nanshy. Its a wonderfully sized brush that really aids the application of all foundations. You can use this brush to buff product into the skin, stipple it on for a more airbrushed effect of gently blend in circular motions - any way that you chose to use this brush will result in a flawless foundation base. I have used this brush every day since it landed on my door mat and I haven't looked back since!

I've found myself steering clear of my usual black liquid eyeliner this month and opting for my MAC eyeliner pencil in the shade Coffee for a more subtle enhancement to my eyes. I find that following the natural shape of my eye with this pencil really opens my peepers up nicely and makes me look much more awake. I also really like the contrast between the brown of the pencil and the blue of my eyes! 

For lips, I went out on a limb this month and picked up some new products - which is very unlike me! I bought a bunch of new colours/glosses/lipsticks/crayons and two have made it into my daily rotation. I am absolutely in love with the L'Oreal L'extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in Nude ballet, I wont waffle too much but you can read my full review of this lip product here. I'm also growing pretty fond of the Revlon Colorburst Matt Balm in Sultry which is the most beautiful purple'y plum colour which, surprisingly for me, I find really wearable and think it really suits me. It doesn't dry my lips out in the slightest and even when I feel like the product had worn off, the colour had stained my lips so they weren't completely bare! Great for a girl on the go, go, go!

You may be happy to know I finally got my hands on something from my 'Makeup Wish List' - The Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I was actually luckily enough to get my hands on the BBB Beauty Box of which this was included in! I am beyond happy, and so far it has lived up to my expectations! 

Skincare is having a bit of a moment with me at the moment which is unusual, I mean sure I've been using the Palmers Coca Butter Formula Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturizer for foreverrrrr but apart from that, I've always been a bit of a dud when it comes to looking after skin. This month I have discovered and have been loving The Body Shop Seaweed Night Treatment which I have been using for around two and a half weeks. This has been giving me a little gyp with spots but I figured it is helping me with my excess oil and sometimes things have to get worse before they get better, right? This stuff smells amazing and my skin feels super soft when I've used it. The next skin care favourite is the Johnsons 24Hour Moisture Radiance Hand Cream - this stuff is a must have if you tend to wash your hands a lot, which I do. This can make the skin on my hands really tight and uncomfortable so I tend to use this hand cream whenever I wash my hands. This helps lock in moisture and keep them soft and comfortable. It also smells ah-mazing which doesn't hurt!

When it comes to fragrance, I've had a signiture scent for about 4 years now. When friends smell it, say on someone else, they say it reminds them of me, which is kind of what you want a signiture fragrance to do, no? My preferred bottle of beautiful is D&G's Number 3 

L'Imperatrice. Its an EDT which means its not too heavy, although I find that the scent does linger a lot longer than most and it has the most wonderful mixture of Musk, Watermelon, Kiwi and Pink Cyclamen. Its just a really classy and elegant smell and makes my feel pretty. Its a really good price too - anywhere between £30.00-£35.00 for a 100ml bottle which usually lasts me just under a year. I love to wear this one in summer as I find it smells clean, fresh and fruity! 


And there you have my favourites for this month! I hope I haven't bored you too much with my rambling! 

Do you have any of these products? What are your favourites this month?

Connect with me!
Instagram; gemfru_x
Twitter; @gemfru_xx


No comments:

Post a Comment