Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Matching Lips & Nails

So, its a fairly easy concept. I like my nails and my lip colour to match, be it nudes, reds and pinks (pictured below).


For this look I selected a lipstick and nail colour in very similar colours, they do in fact vary  ever so slightly, but the difference is so small that you can barely tell by the finished product.

The lipstick I used for this fuchsia pink colour injection was the Rimmel Moisture Renew in As You Want Victoria £6.49 here. Rimmel have created a really nice, affordable range of lipsticks in a rainbow of colours. They are extremely creamy upon application, dry to an almost matte finish and do not dry my lips out at all, which is no mean feat - I am prone to dry flaky skin on my lips! Its a beautiful, long lasting colour that I think would suit a lot of skin tones. I always get compliments on my lips when I wear this particular lipstick and although it took me a while to build up the courage to wear such an 'in your face' colour, I'm really glad I did!

The nail varnish that I have partnered up with this lip colour is Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish in Simply Sizzling £4.49 here. I have found that brands will often make other products in a similar colour to one that you have already picked up, so I was very happy to find that Rimmel did a near perfect match to the lipstick that I had already chosen. I applied two coats of this nail varnish and finished it off with a Sally Hansen Insta-dry top coat which adds a super shiny, protective and fast drying coat to any nail varnish.

I find that matching up my lips and nails really livens up any outfit and makes me look a whole lot more 'put together'. I am also aware that celebrity stylists make sure their clients are often sporting a matching nail and lip combo!

What do you think? Have you tried the matching lip and nail combo? What did you think? I'd love to hear from you guys!

Connect with me!
Twitter: @gemfru_x
Instagram: gemfru_x

No comments:

Post a Comment