Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Saturday 24 May 2014

Treats From Paris

Last Friday, my boyfriends sister Sarah and her mum traveled to Paris as part of Sarah's twenty first celebrations. I was jealous to say the least, but Sarah brought me back some treats seen as I wasn't able to go! When my boyfriend text me whilst I was at work to Sarah had brought me back a bag of goodies, I literally couldn't wait to get home and have a look!



In my opinion, no one does chocolate like the French, they create some of my favourite choccy treats in the world and so I was over the moon to find a load of gorgeous chocolates in my goody bag. The giant sticks that you can see in the picture are a selection of chocolate tubes filled with treats like marshmallow, and are absolutely delicious (currently tucking in whilst typing this post)! The flat type packages that you can see are flavoured chocolate bars, one being chocolate orange - always a winner, right? And the other is a white chocolate with vanilla speckles, I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll have to hide these from my other half or there'll be nothing left by tomorrow afternoon!  

As much as I love chocolate, the real excitement came when I saw the beauty products that she had picked out for me. I will say this, kudos to her on picking me out some foundations as its something I would never attempt to buy for someone else. The shades she got match my natural skin tone pretty well and will most likely be my go to foundations when I haven't tanned, or will be my base for when I'm going to use my Chanel cream bronzer. 

note - I've had to use pictures from the internet as I'm still camera-less and because of the late hour, I just can't get a good picture on my iphone in the false light in my house!



Maybelline Affinitone 16 Vanille Rosee 
This is a foundation by maybelline, and as you can imagine I couldn't understand a word of the description (my GCSE french clearly didn't teach me very much) but after a little search on the wonder that is the internet, I found that it is described as a perfecting and protecting foundation with vitamin E. It says that it evens out skin tone, masks imperfections whilst protecting the skin from environmental effects. This foundation feels very runny, in fact if you shake the bottle you can hear the product sloshing around inside, and once on the skin it feels very light and moisturizing, perhaps it wont work for my oily t-zone, but I'm sure this is nothing a little blotting powder wont fix. I would liken the feeling of this foundation to a bb cream and feel that it would provide a light to medium coverage, but it is very build-able and doesn't appear to cake. I'm thinking this might be a perfect foundation for 'barely there' foundation days - of which I love. Lazy girl at her finest! The product comes in a squeezy tube which I feel will be very easy to use and enable you to get every last drop of the foundation out. Another quality that I noticed from the off with this foundation is the scent. It smells absolutely divine, very floral, fresh and clean smelling. I'm super excited to give this a good wear and see how it fairs on my skin!



Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Le Lifteur 20 Beige Eclat 
In the bottle, this foundation looks super crazy. The foundation inside is swirled - the only way I can describe it is it looks like a helter skelter in a pump bottle. I have a suspicion that this foundation is from the same line as the Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles as the labeling is really very similar. Again, my french GCSE taught me nothing of use because I cant understand a word on the bottle - enter my little friend the world wide web again! Its a complexion lifting, that re-textures the skin surface leaving a smooth complexion. It claims to lift and plump the skin making it appear younger and more radiant. I honestly really love any foundation that comes in a pump bottle as I find them really easy to use, dispense from and keep clean. This product feels silky smooth on the skin and gives a medium to full coverage whilst still feeling light and creamy. Again, it smells ah-maaazing Do the french like good smelling cosmetics or what?! Super product so far and I'm really excited to start using this and seeing what it does for my skin. 


Miss Cop Nails Pop in No 1 Rose (pictured) & No 4 Vert
Sarah knows me well. I love changing up the colour of my nails and I've been loving pastels this spring, so I was really happy to find two super cute nail colours in my booty bag! I received a beautiful purpley-pink colour and a lovely icy green. Although the brushes to apply these are thin, I think they will make the polish really easy to apply as I can sometimes struggle and make a mess with the thicker/fatter brushes. These nail colours are really opaque, which is not always the case with pastel colours and I found whilst testing these out they only needed two coats for a lovely full coverage on the nail. The smell isn't too over powdering which I can find some nail varnishes can have and I'm really struggling to decide which one of these to use first!

So, that sums up my lovely surprise goody bag from my lovely sister in law (kind of)! I'm so so grateful and am really loving everything she picked out for me! How lucky am I to have such thoughtful members of extended family!

Do you have any of these products? Do you have any products that you always pick up when abroad? Have you had any nice surprises brought back from holiday?

Connect with me!
Instagram; gemfru_x
Twitter; @gemfru_x

No comments:

Post a Comment