Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Tuesday 20 May 2014

The Body Shop Haul

I can honestly hold my hands up and say I have never, ever made a purchase from the body shop before know. And I cant really explain why that is, I love that they're committed to being cruelty free and I love that all their ingrediants are all of the natural variety & that the company is committed to fair trade. Perhaps its because I never thought of the body shop as a makeup brand before, and although I do use skin care, I'm not what you could consider to be a skincare junkie (so shoot me). I can still remember holding my mums hand walking around the tropical smelling store when I was young and my mother used to wear Patchouli oil as perfume which she would buy from the body shop. When ever I get a whiff of that it takes me back to being a toddler, literally a flashback!

When I discovered last week that The Body Shop had a 40% flash sale and free shipping when you spent over £5.00 I just had to have a little browse, and surprise surprise a couple of items jumped into my basket! Delivery wasn't exactly speedy, but it was free and the delivery was done by Royal Mail. The items were delivered today (19/5/14) in brown envelopes that seem to be insulated with some kind of grey fluff, which I appreciated as I tend to worry that my items may get smashed or damaged in transit!



First up is the Honey Bronze Bronzing Gel For Face £12.00. This is described as a bronzing gel to be used on the face. As you will probably already know, I am a bronzing junkie and I'm always on the look out for a new product that will help me to look naturally tanned and feel better about the way I look, I just cant stand being deathly pale. I had the idea that perhaps this will be ideal for lazy summer days when I don't really want to wear a full face of makeup, but don't want to scare the neighbors with my ghost-like face! From swatching, this seems like a lovely, easily blend-able product with good colour pay off. I'm hoping it wont break my skin out, but as I don't plan on using this everyday I don't think this will be too much of a problem!

Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment £11.00. Although I'm not exactly big on skin care, occasionally something grabs my attention and twists my arm to purchase and try it out. The Body Shop tells me that this over night treatment is for combination/oily skin and helps to combat excess oil while moisturizing skin at the same time. It promises to leave skin clear, hydrated and shine free. I'm excited to give this one a try tonight after I've cleansed and toned my skin as usual. The product smells really lovely, clean and fresh! The product comes in a 30ml bottle with a pump on the top which makes it easy to dispense. The packaging feels sturdy enough and I feel that it would travel well.

Rose Lipgloss £7.00. As you may know, I have been on a quest to find a lipgloss that is a close match to my beloved limited edition (and very nearly empty) Lancome Juicy Tube and this is a pretty close match. Its a really pretty, shimmery pink colour, which doesn't feel sticky on my lips at all. Granted, I've only had it on for ten minutes before writing this post, but still, first impressions and all that! 

Colour Crush Lipstick in 130 Sweet Coral £10.00 This is a beautiful lip colour, as you can gather from the name its a bright, slightly frosted pinky coral. The Body Shop's lipstick collection actually got me quite excited, which is unusual as I'm generally not that big on lips. I opted for this shade as I'm usually Mrs Boring and felt like being a little daring. This lipstick feels really nourishing whilst on and does not feel like it will dry the lips out at all - and I have dry lips! This product has a beautiful, but not overpowering smell to it and the packaging is really cute, and feels like it would protect the lipstick well. I'm definitely going to have a look at some of the other shades and add some more of these lovely little lippies to my collection!

Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in 03 & 04 £13.00 each. Last but not least, I picked up these two beautiful bronzers. I got them in the two darkest shades as I tend to always be a lot darker than my natural skin tone! I bought number 03 for a colour base and the 04 to use as a contour. Both colours are completely matte and shimmer free, do not look at all muddy or orange on my skin and feel silkily smooth. The packaging is what I really love about these bronzers, they are encased in a beautiful tortoiseshell coloured plastic, which feels quite thick and protective. Inside is a lovely large mirror providing convenience when applying product on the go.  

So that's the lot, and I have to say so far, I am very happy with all my purchases from The Body Shop! I got some real bargains, considering I received 40% off everything and free delivery on top too! (Spent £66.00, applied the discount code and received my goods for £39.60, saving a whopping £26.40). The Body Shop has certainly proved its self to me and has been added to one of my favorite online makeup destinations!

Do you have any of these products? Do you shop from The Body Shop? What are your The Body Shop must haves?

Connect with me!
Instagram; gemfru_x
Twitter; @gemfru_x

No comments:

Post a Comment