Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Sunday 4 May 2014

April Favourites

April's Favourites;

I know, I know! Its the fourth of may, and I have been meaning to get this post up for the last couple of days but have been so busy with work that I just haven't had the chance!

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you the products that I have been loving throughout the month of April. I haven't necessarily purchased these items this month, and you may have seen some of these products in my other posts, but these are the ones that I've found myself reaching for nearly everyday!




I do apologise  for the quality of some of these images. Unfortunately I've missed placed my camera and am using my iPhone, which is slightly scratched over the camera lens and so does not always take the best pictures! 



Max factor Face Finity All Day Primer; £10.99

Having been a fan of Max factors All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation, I didn't have to think twice about trying this primer. As you may know, I love a primer, and on a recent trip to Manchester I found myself staring at this cute little glass bottle. It's silky soft, with easy application, a pump which makes dispensing a breeze and it feels very, very light on the skin. I would have to testify that it does make the application of makeup easier and it does indeed keep your foundation on for longer than normal. I'm a big fan! Luckily for me, when I bought this it had a little sample size of a mascara that came with it, and that too is definitely on my wish list now!



Urban Decay Deslick Makeup Setting Spray Oil Control Travel Size; £9.00

This is my holy grail setting spray. I have placed an online order for the full size bottle of both this and the original setting spray, but as of yet they haven't arrived! I use this spray pretty much every day to hold my makeup in place for as long as possible. It keeps oil at bay somewhat, although occasionally I do have to go in with a translucent powder to help control my shiny t-zone. I find that when using this spray my makeup doesn't slip or slide at all. It sprays out as a very fine mist so doesn't drown your makeup and it doesn't have a bad aroma - which I have found some of the cheaper setting sprays do have, although I don't find these to be a major con. This one is nice and slim and fits into my handbag or overnight bag with no problems. The bottle is very sleek and hardwearing, although I have found that it almost attracts makeup marks, nothing a quick wipe with a baby wipe wouldn't fix though!



Revlon Colour Stay Foundation in Natural Tan; £12.99

This month I've really been enjoying using this foundation as my everyday base. It very much reminds me of Estee Lauders Double Wear Foundation, but with a much smaller price tag! Its got a lovely creamy consistency and blends like a dream. It covers dark circles and imperfections really easily and I find that it works well for me. This is definitely a full coverage foundation but that doesn't mean its cakey/thick. I've been experimenting with different variations in application and find that you can still get a natural looking finish to your foundation using the..


Real Techniques Stippling Brush; £11.99

This is one of my favourite brushes out of the entire Sam & Nick Chapman Collection! I have previously used this as a finishing brush, to make sure everything is blended in properly and that there are no harsh lines left on show, however, since saving up and finally purchasing my beloved Mac 187, this one had become a little redundant. Until I saw a post about using a stippling brush to apply foundation! I was a little dubious because I'd never used anything to apply foundation other than my fingers and a traditional foundation brush. However using this brush is a dream. I have tried this with every liquid foundation that I own and I cannot fault its capability. It gives a really natural coverage, even when using a full coverage foundation. It helps to blend everything in seamlessly and the brush is super soft. I think I must have gotten some water in the feral last time I washed it and it has caused some shedding, it is no where near as thick as it used to be, but I love this brush so much that I've just ordered two more from the Superdrug website as they have a buy one get one free offer on at the moment! Unfortunately mine is in dire need of a good shampoo, which is what I'll be doing when I've finished this post!



Mac Mineral Skin Finish in Dark; £22.00

Next up I have my favourite powder. I actually use this as a bronzer, as I really like its light and natural texture but I think it has many uses to be honest. I recently had to buy this in dark and add it to my collection of Medium Deep, Medium Dark and Medium Plus as I've recently had my hair coloured a lot darker and its coming up to British summer time, so I have started my tanning properly. This is really easy to build up and blend out to achieve the perfect shade for you, and although it looks scarily dark in the pan its not actually so dark upon application. I have included a swatch on my inner arm, but as you can see (or not) you can't really tell where it is. Perfect for me!

Make Up Academy Powder Blusher in Cupcake £1.00

I've recently been trying to broaden my horizon's when it comes to blusher, but as you may know I'm not one for spending a ton of money on something that a) I'm not sure will suit me and b) I'm not sure I'll even use! Enter Make Up Academy's range of super affordable makeup products. I picked up four of these beauties in different shades, but this is definitely the one I like the most. It reminds me very much of MAC's blusher in melba but is a little more on the pink side than the peach. This has become my go-to blush for most days, its really nicely pigmented without giving me that clown look that is so not in!



Makeup Revolution The One Concealer in Light £3.00

Makeup revolution is fast becoming one of my favourite makeup brands. Its relatively new but has so many fantastic products on offer at super purse friendly prices. This is their 'one' concealer. Its a very nourishing, creamy concealer which I use to disguise my under eye circles. I know that it looks incredibly light in comparison to my skin tone but you must remember two things 1) In the picture of the swatch, the product hasn't been blended out at all, in fact that's about four coats of the concealer and 2) I love a brighter under eye area. It has good staying power and I haven't noticed that it creased on me, even though I had my makeup on for around ten hours. Its an absolute steal at just three pounds and as long as it continues to give me fantastic results I'll definitely be repurchasing!



Soap and Glory One Heck Of A Blot Powder £12.00

This is my new do everything powder. I have been using this as a setting powder, a finishing powder and indeed what it was intended for, a blotting powder! This powder literally just drinks up any shine in my shiny t-zone but doesn't leave any trace of itself or any chalkiness. It comes in a really sleek compact with a powder puff included, at first I didn't think much to the puff but when I gave it a chance I found that it was really good for on the go touch ups! I cannot believe that I didn't find this product sooner, and have already ordered an extra one to keep in my handbag!


So there you have it, those products were my favourites for this month. Have you used any of these products? What were your favourites for this month?

Connect with me;

Instagram; gemfru_x
Twitter; @gemfru_x


No comments:

Post a Comment