Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Monday 12 May 2014

The daily face

Work day makeup


At this moment in time, I'm working two jobs. My day job is receptionist/admin work for a landscaping buisness & I go straight from there to my evening job of barmaid/waitressing. As you can imagine I need to be able to rely on my makeup to stay put and look good all day, so I thought I would share with you the products I use most days to help keep me looking fresh, awake and ready. My daily face! 

Step one: eyecream.
I suffer with really quite severe dark under eye circles & puffiness. I'm on my quest to find an eyecream that works for me. At the moment I'm really enjoying using the emu oil well eye cream, and it seems to be helping me. My eyes aren't as sore, don't leak (a real makeup ruiner) and I can definitely see a difference in the pigmentation in my dark circles.

Step two: primer.
For a work day primer I like to use something that's on the more affordable side that still works - this rimmel stay matte primer helps my makeup to go on really easily and last all day. 

Step three: foundation. 
I tend to save my more expensive foundations for special occasions or days out with my beau. However, this maybelline dream satin liquid although inexpensive, is one of my favourite foundations to use. It's definitely a full coverage foundation but for me that just means that it'll last all day without disappearing from my skin. It covers imperfections really well and doesn't settle into pores or lines.

Step four: bronzing. 
My chanel bronzer is my favourite ever bronzing product. I've gone a little back and forth with this one, I wanted it for so long, when I finally got it I wasn't so sure but now teamed with my nanshy flat top brush, I've fallen back in love! It gives a really natural bronze glow without making you look cakey. I much prefer it to a powder bronzer as it's so easy to blend and looks really natural once applied.

Step five: highlight.
Next I go in with my YSL touché éclat dupe, the loreal Paris lumi magique. I simple draw a triangle of this under each eye, a line down the bridge of my nose, under the brow bones and a little between the brows. This injects just a little highlight that is subtle but effective.

Step six: setting powder. 
Now the summer months are around the corner I have started to set my base with a tinted powder, enter the MAC msf in medium dark. It's the same-ish colour as my chanel bronzer so doesn't add anything or take anything away. It is a must have for setting everything in place, just to ensure nothing's going to slip around halfway through the day! 

Step seven: brows. 
I use my rimmel eyebrow pencil in dark brown. This is just a really quick and simple way to fill in my brows without doing anything too dramatic. It stays all day and leaves my brows looking well groomed. 

Step seven: mascara 
No eyeliner for work! I like to look fresh faced and awake, and I just don't have any time for eyeliner mistakes that take time to clean up and fix. I'm really loving maxfactors eye brightening mascara at the moment. I really feel like the tonal pigments in the mascara make my blue eyes pop! 

Step eight: blusher.
For a little bit of colour I go to MUA's powder blush in cupcake. This is a beautiful shade of peachy pink. I apply this with the real techniques blusher brush and blend in the direction of my temple. 

And voila! A very simple, everyday look that takes around 25 minutes to complete - which means more time hitting that snooze button! 

Do you have a work day makeup routine? Have you used any of these products? 

Connect with me! 
Instagram: gemfru_x
Twitter: @gemfru_x

No comments:

Post a Comment