Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Wednesday 28 May 2014

My Top Five Makeup Brushes


Everyone has products that they find themselves reaching for everyday. I of course have favorites when it comes to beauty products but swap things around regularly. Its very rare that I use the same primer/foundation/concealer every day, but when it comes to brushes I have some old faithfuls that I just don't ever stray away from.

Nanshy Flat Top Kabuki Brush £9.99
This is my favorite brush for applying foundation. I know a lot of people really love to use the Real Techniques expert face brush or the Real Techniques buffing brush, but I just cant get those two to do what I want them to. I find that the Nanshy Flat Top Kabuki Brush is great for both buffing foundation into the skin and also using in a stippling motion to give an air brushed effect. Its super easy to clean, and doesn't seem to soak up too much product which I can find some brushes do. The whole of the Nanshy range is completely cruelty free which I love, and every single one of their brushes is super soft and feels beautiful on the skin!

Real Techniques Setting Brush £6.99
After foundation comes concealer, and concealer needs setting! I use this brush to set my under eye concealer with a translucent powder and find that it works really well, its the perfect size for the area and is really soft so it doesn't irritate my eyes in the slightest. I find that this brush picks up the perfect amount of powder to set the concealer without making it look cakey or dirty. Its a winner for me!

Real Techniques Powder Brush £10.99
I'm a big bronzer fan, and for bronzing I prefer a big bronzer brush. Enter my Holy Grail powder brush! This brush picks up and distributes the perfect amount of powder and helps me to look tanned and healthy. Its really, really soft on the skin and can be used to blend powders too. Its also a dream to clean and tends to dry quickly. Basically, I don't know what I did before this brush and I wouldn't want to be without it again.

Mac 187 Duo Fiber Brush £33.50
I had had my eye on this brush for such a long time before I bit the bullet and purchased. This is the brush that I usually use to apply my Soleil Tan De Chanel which is a cream bronzer. Its incredibly soft on the skin. I like to use this one because it gives me a really flawless finish without looking overdone and without that horrible buildup which is really easy to accidentally get with a cream product. I have also used this Duo Fiber as a finishing brush which it also works perfectly for, just to take any extra product off the face! I have been told that I need to try this one for foundation, so that is most definitely on my to do list!

Elf Small Angled Brush £3.95
This is my favorite brush to use when I'm applying a brow powder to enhance my eyebrows for a number of reasons. First of all, its super affordable, its perfect for its purpose, really soft and is small enough to work with but not so small that you have to put a lot of work in - if that makes sense?! 

I have a lot of brushes that I like to use, for contouring for example but these are the five that I really do need every morning when it comes to making myself look a little more human!

What are your favorite five makeup brushes? Have you tried any of these brushes? 

Connect with me! 
Instagram; gemfru_x
Twitter; @gemfru_xx

No comments:

Post a Comment