Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Thursday 22 May 2014

Vichy DermaBlend Foundation Review


I really wanted to share with you a foundation that I have been using for a few weeks and have fallen completely in love with! Since my first use of this foundation, I haven't reached for any of my old faithfuls at all which is a very rare occasion for me, as I tend to switch up my foundations daily. 

I first heard about this foundation when Boots.com started to stock it, first of all I was interested because there was an introductory offer (everyone knows I'm a sucker for an offer!) but sadly, they had sold out almost immediatly which is understandable. I did a little search and found it stocked on escentual.co,uk for £14.45. Before committing to the purchase I decided to have a little snoop around and do some research, and some of the claims I read literally bowled me over. Almost every review I read was a rave, people just couldn't say enough good things about this foundation and indeed, brand. I was sold. The second problem I faced was finding a good colour match. Buying foundations online always have the pitfall of 'will this shade match my skin tone'? and this one was no different. It also worried me that there were so few colour options with this foundation, only 5 in total; opal - which is the fairest shade that they do, nude, sand, gold and bronze. However, with the help of google I came across the site findation.com which asks for the shades in foundation that you currently use and matches you up to other foundations based on your answers. This site told me that I needed shade 45, and so I ordered it. The day after, whilst I was still browsing reviews and swatches the doubt that this colour would be much too dark for me set in. 

The very next day my parcel arrived (super quick delivery for only £1.95 right!?) and i couldn't wait to rip it open and try it on. The first thing that I noticed was that you only need a tiny, tiny blob of this foundation for a full face coverage - this is coming from mrs. full coverage by the way, which really does show how little you need! The colour, once blended is the most perfect colour match I have ever experienced. I used a little translucent powder to set this foundation, but I didnt use any concealer or bronzer at all. First of all, this foundation is so pigmented that it covered my under eye circles perfectly. I was so impressed. And secondly of all, because the colour match was so good I literally didn't need any bronzer to help boost my colour and match in with the rest of my skin tone. I can honestly say that I have used bronzer with a foundation every single day since I was around 15. This foundation hardly feels like you're wearing anything at all, its got the feeling of a bb cream or tinted moisturizer but the coverage of a super thick foundation. How do they do that? Incredible.

I found that this product doesn't block or clog my pores up in the slightest, and infact if anything the blemishes I did have on my forehead, disappeared after a few days of using this foundation! Coming to bed time and taking my makeup off was an absolute breeze, this product just seemed to melt from my skin with one swipe of a cleanser.
This foundation lasted on my skin for about 9 hours, with the occasional blot touch up. The only downside for me with this foundation is that because I have an oily t-zone I did need to blot that area every couple of hours. You may not find this if you're not as oily as I am, or if you don't work in a hot environment as I do.

This is by far, my Holy Grail foundation, and I cant see myself falling out with this one ever! It hasn't made me break out in the slightest, and my skin feels a lot healthier now that I'm using this product. I genuinely cannot say enough good things! If you're looking for a lightweight, cover everything foundation you need to look at this one, super price and amazing results - I'm ordering more as soon as this post is up!

Have you tried this foundation, or any other products from this brand? Did you enjoy using them? What is your Holy Grail Foundation?

Connect with me!
Instagram; gemfru_x
Twitter; @gemfru_x

No comments:

Post a Comment