Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Makeup Products I Couldnt Live Without

Wow! That's a dramatic title however, the aim of this post is to let you guys know about the products I would hate to have to leave behind. You're only allowed one product for each category e.g. foundation, mascara, lipstick etc. So lets begin..

Primer:
Two guesses for this one! I have so many favourite primers but nothing comes close to my beloved Benefit Porefessional. This primer leaves your skin with the most gorgeous soft feeling skin, helps keep your makeup on for much, much longer and definitely helps me with my oily t-zone

Foundation:
This is so hard! I'm a bit of a foundation junkie and have 17 in my collection now. URGH, here goes. I'd have to pick my  Estée Lauder double wear foundation. I love everything about this foundation. I love the colour match, the wear time, the coverage, I've never had an argument with this particular one and it always does what I want it to.

Concealer:
I would have to pick my Stila Stay All Day Concealer in shade 06. I've picked this one because its super creamy and provides really good coverage. I use this under my eyes to camouflage my natural shadowing and around my nose to cover some of the redness that sometimes appears there.

Setting/Translucent Powder:
There's only one choice for me in this category! It has to be Rimmels Stay Matte Powder. I use this to set my foundation almost everyday and I've been using it since I was about fourteen. I've tried to branch out but something about this powder draws me back in time and time again.

Bronzing Powder:
Although not strictly a bronzing powder, this is the one I use for a bit of colour and contouring. Its the MAC Mineral Skin Finish in Dark - I have recently swapped the medium dark for the dark because as you are probably aware, British summer time is just around the corner and that means I'll be tan, tan, tanning! I love how easily this powder applies with a big fluffy brush & has great staying powder, it hardly every fades which means I hardly ever have to reapply and the compact lasts forever. Winner!

Eyebrow Product:
GAH! This is a hard one too, I usually go through spurts where I will use a certain product for a while and then swap it for a different one. Repeat until you've run the cycle & start again. Which means the only fair thing for me to do would be to pick the one I'm using at the moment. This is the Beauty UK Simply Define Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown. Its super easy to apply and even has a little spooly on the lid to help you keep brushing and blending out those brows!

Blusher:
My all time favourite blusher that has been in my makeup collection for years is MAC's Melba. This is a beautiful shade for every day use and suits almost every skin tone. Its a clear winner and I have repurchased this again and again!

Eyeliner:
As I've recently had a bit of a fall out with liquid eyeliner I've opted for my favourite eyeliner pencil. This is Illamasqua's colouring pencil in Black. Its a super sleek, easy to use and blend basic black pencil. It doesn't drag the skin during application and my super sensitive eyes have never had a reaction to it (fingers crossed!!).

Mascara:
Mascara and false eyelashes are my weakness and I have quite a penchant for hoarding them so picking just one is definitely a toughy! So I'll go with the one that I've repurchased again and again, Maybelline's Volume Express Colossal Smokey Eyes Mascara. This is a really buildable mascara and I've always found that it holds a curl well.

Eyeshadow:
As you may already know, I'm not a massive eyeshadow user. So if I had to I'd pick MACS single eyeshadow pot in Nylon. I use this to highlight the inner corner of my eyes and also my brow bone. Surely by now you know I love a multiple use product!

Lipstick:
My all time favourite and everyday lipstick choice is MAC's Myth. I cannot get over how versatile this lip colour is, it has worked for every single look I've ever created. I'm a big fan of playing down the lips and letting the eyes rule the show as I prefer my eyes over my lips. Its so creamy feeling and last for ages without a top up, especially if you use Lipcote over the top!

Lipgloss:
My favourite ever lipgloss was unfortunately a limited edition. Which sucks! It was the Lancôme Juicy Tube and I cant even tell you what shade it was as the information rubbed off the back! It was the most beautiful candy floss coloured gloss with plenty of glitter in it. Unfortuantly I've never found anything like it! I did settle for the juicy tube in lychee but it just hasn't really done anything for me. BOO!

Nail Polish:
Even though I'm usually Mrs Boring, this is probably the only area where I crave a little colour. My favourite ever nail colour is OPI's You're Such A Budapest. Its the most delightful purple/blue. Its perfect for spring and I get so, so many compliments whenever I wear this shade. I've recently had to buy my third bottle of this as I'm using so much of it!

Tan:
This one was a really easy category for me, I used to be fake tan junkie but recently I've toned it down a lot. Instead I've been using Palmers Natural Bronze Tanning Moisturiser instead. This gives a buildable, natural looking tan and doesn't dry your skin out or cling to your already dry bits like other fake tan products do. Whenever boots has their 3 for 2 offer on I always stock up on this! I use it everyday after my bath/shower in the morning. The moisturiser sinks in very quickly and after a few hours you can see a lovely tan coming through. It wears fairly well and I don't often have to scrub it off (only if I've gone a little over board and get the inevitable patchiness around the hand/wrist area). As with all Palmers products, it smells incredible and people always comment on the scent.

So that's about it, all those above are my 'desert island' makeup products. Although, if I was alone on a desert island I'm not at all sure I would need all of those!

What are your 'cannot live without' products? Let me know!


Connect with me;
Instagram; gemfru_x
Twitter; @gemfru_x

No comments:

Post a Comment