Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray



My Holy Grail Setting Spray


 
Every since I heard about setting sprays I have been astounded by them. I know that the concept is pretty straight forward, its a hairspray for your makeup & back in the day I was definitely guilty of actually putting my hairspray on my face. Oopsie. But still, finishing your makeup and spaying a liquid onto it baffles me. But a good one does wonders.
 
However that being said, I haven't found that a whole lot of brands do one. I wonder why this is?
 
I have tried a few different setting sprays, I have the Mac Fix+, NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray and the NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray. I really like them. They do keep your makeup on longer, and help to make your face a lot less powdery if you do use a lot of powders in your makeup routine.
 
I've heard so much about the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, so when I was in Debenhams a few days ago I decided to go and have a look. My Mac Fix+ is running really low, and although I do really like my NYX setting sprays I can find that they have a very distinctive smell and don't do as good a job as I would like them to - they just don't hold makeup for as long as say my Fix+ does. And the dewy finish setting spray can make me a little more shiny straight away if I use a little too much. But can you complain for the price? Absolutely not.
 
When I went over to the Urban Decay counter, the MUA was putting her makeup on, which I found really funny. I've got to admit, if I was working with ALL that makeup on tap I don't think I would be able to resist either. I told her that I was really interested in the All Nighter Setting Spray and she asked me a few questions about my skin type and my normal makeup routine. I told her that my skin can look a little oily, especially around the t-zone. She told me I didn't look very oily, but I explained to her that I didn't have any makeup on and that when I've had my foundation on for an hour or so my oiliness starts to come through. She then suggested to me the De-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray. She told me that it did exactly the same as the All Nighter Setting Spray but it would help to keep me matte, and would resist the shine coming through. She also said that I would perhaps be better trying the travel/sample size out before I committed to buying a full size product. The smaller bottle is a 30ml, slim, handbag friendly bottle and only £9. Win win right?
 
So that evening I applied my makeup ready for a night out with the girls to celebrate my best friends twenty first birthday. When I had finished I sprayed the product across my face as directed on the bottle and was really pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to blot any excess product off, like I sometimes have to with my NYX products. My skin literally just drank it up.
 
At eleven o'clock the same night I visited the bathroom, a little worse off from drinking and being in a hot environment and I was so shocked to look in the mirror and NOT have to touch up my makeup one little bit. Yes, my lipgloss had come off but that's a given. My eyeshadow, countouring, foundation - nothing had slipped. There was no shine coming through around my nose like usual. I was so impressed.
 
When it came to taking my makeup off before bed when I got home, I found that it did not come off any way near as easily as normal. I literally had to scrub my face to get it all off. So, does that mean that this spray will keep me shine free and set for a 12 hour - on the go - work shift? I'm hoping so!
 
I'll definitely be going back and purchasing the full size bottle when this one looks set to run out. I may even get another of the smaller ones to keep in my makeup bag. Urban Decay, I salute your setting sprays staying power!
 
Included is a picture of myself a few hours into the night, where I would usually be thinking about touching up or at least blotting. I think my makeup looks pretty good at this point.
 
 
What do you think? have you tried this spray? Have you found one just as good? Let me know!
 
 
Connect with me:
 
Instagram; gemfru_x
Twitter; @gemfru_x
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment