Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Monday 28 April 2014

Makeup brush storage

Can you believe I've lived on this planet for twenty one years and have only just got my first ever dressing table?! I cant. How did I ever cope? Gone are the days of sitting cross legged on the floor in front of my dusty old mirror, struggling away and having everything spread across the floor just asking to be broken by a heavy footed boyfriend.
 
So when I had ordered my lovely new table with draws, mirror and stool I began to wonder 'how does one store their makeup brushes' - mine had always been stuffed away into a large makeup bag and hidden out of site until I needed one, which admittedly wasn't all that often. I have only just become an avid brush user and boy am I loving them. I may not have a million brushes like some girls, but the ones I do have, have been lovingly selected and are treated like they should be. My favourites are pretty much anything by Real Techniques, a MAC 187 that I had to save up for and my trusty concealer brush for ELF. So now that I have all this space to display my favourite items, exactly how do I? I had been looking high and low for some nice storage options for makeup brushes. I wanted something sturdy - I have a rambunctious puppy who likes to bump into things, like table legs and I didn't fancy having to pick my brushes up every time a plastic pot tipped over. But something pretty and worthy of being in full view. The purpose made brush storage options I had found were either really ugly, out of stock or ridiculously expensive.
 
Until that is, I had to venture to Tesco for the weekly grocery shop. Let me just tell you about my obsession with Tesco. It is, in my mind, a magical place where you can find all sorts of rubbish to waste your money on. I don't mean that in a bad way, what I mean is, I can walk around that place for hours and always find something that tickles my fancy. I was browsing the home ware department when I came across these really pretty coloured tumblers when I had an epiphany. These looked perfect, they would fit all of my favourite beauty tools and they were an absolute steal at only £1 a pop! I picked three of these little cuties up in a pale pink, a hot pink and a purple colour. I like things to match and look like they belong together and I felt that these three colours would look super together and much better than having all three the same. They work well, store everything I ask of them and are really easy to clean. They are reasonably heavy and so do not tip over and look pretty in the sunlight as it comes through the window.
 
So! What do you think? I know they're not the most obvious of choice for the purpose I'm using them for, but they work. Do you have a different way of storing your makeup brushes?
 
 
 
 
Connect with me!
 
Instagram; gemfru_x
Twitter; @gemfru_x

No comments:

Post a Comment