Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Monday 7 April 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation




Okay, so I've been lusting after this foundation for so long but have always sworn by my mac studio fix fluid foundation or a lower end foundation and was a little worried about spending quite a lot of money on one that I might not like. Basically I was doubting - and I shouldn't have. I've actually tried to get a sample for absolutely ages but whenever I've been in they haven't had my shade, so I've not really had an opportunity to try.

On Saturday myself and my boyfriend had to go into town for a few bits. It was my best friends 21st birthday this weekend just gone (Happy Birthday Andrea!) and Chris needed a new shirt to go to her party. So there we were wandering around town at the crack of dawn because we had such a busy day when I twisted Chris' arm to go in the local Debenhams.
He hates it when I go into a beauty department because he knows I'll be in there for hours milling around, like the mother ship has called me home!

The first place I went to was the Estee Lauder counter and got chatting with the MUA there about the foundation when she suggested that she could apply it for me to see what I thought. I had no makeup on at all so thought 'why not'. Let me just say, I only had no makeup on because a) it was so early and b) because recently I'd had a spray tan, so I was a decent colour! She matched me to shade 4n1 shell beige. That being said, my tan had already faded from my face and I was pretty much my everyday colour. I always have tan on anyway, so this colour is just fine. I always feel a little pressured in these types of situations but she put me at ease and applied the foundation for me. I was sold. I literally cannot find a single flaw to point out on this foundation. I have most certainly found my Holy Grail product. Sorry mac, there's a new favourite in town!

I paid for my foundation, which is a 30ml frosted glass bottle & moved onto the other counters - but that's another post! Its so cute & looks beautiful sat on my vanity table. There's no chance this it getting shoved into a draw! The only downside to the bottle is that there is no pump, or option to purchase a pump separately such as mac so I can imagine it is quite difficult to get every last drop out when you're coming to the end of the bottle. I'm sure I can cope with that small downside to such a wonderful product though!

The coverage was described to me as medium, but I'd definitely put it in the full coverage category. I didn't need to use a concealer with this product, that's how amazing I found the coverage. The only thing I did do was use a little liquid highlight under the eyes, because I'm a fan of the lighter under eye area. I have combination skin, perhaps you could even describe it as on the oily side, especially around the t-zone. But nope, not even a slight shine came through. I am over the moon!

I first attempted to apply this foundation with my real techniques angled foundation brush but found that it actually worked better on just my fingers, it blended really quickly and left no tell tale foundation lines.

I had this foundation on for around seven hours in a very hot environment (21st birthday party) and my makeup did not budge at all. I didn't even touch it up. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. I have only used it the once, but I am expecting great things whenever I use it to be honest.

So, if you're looking for an amazing product at a reasonable price GO AND BUY THIS. I've included a picture of my finished makeup, just to demonstrate how flawless this makes your skin look. Remember, I used no concealer & only a little Mac MSF in medium dark to set my foundation.

 
Have you got this foundation? What did you think? Let me know!
 
 
Connect with me:
 
Instagram - gemfru_x
Twitter - @gemfru_x

No comments:

Post a Comment