Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Wednesday 9 April 2014

My favourite foundations

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't commit to just one foundation. I have a few that systematically make their way into my makeup routine. 

Here is a list I thought I would compile of my all time favourite foundations.

Estée Lauder double wear foundation. 
I have only recently bought this foundation but I'm already hooked! The colour, coverage & feel of this foundation is amazing. I can't get enough!

L'oreal true match foundation
This is one of my favourite 'drugstore' foundations. I really love that unlike most lower end foundations these are not all pink tone based. It's super blendable and a really good base for everyday makeup, although you may need to experiment to find the best way of application for you as it can be a little watery. 

MAC Studio Fix Fluid 
I've put both these foundations together because I use either one depending on how tanned I am. I also have a darker one, but as I've toned down on the tan recently I find I don't need to use it. This foundation is my go to base for any makeup look. It's coverage is one of the best I've found, it feels really nice on the skin and I love how many colour options there are. I would recommend MAC foundation to anyone, especially if you're not sure what shade/base tone you are. A MAC MUA will help you find the best product for you! 

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation 
This is an old favourite of mine which I find myself reaching for again and again. I first purchased this foundation when I was around 16 and find that it still works for me now. It's a really good coverage, matte foundation which really does stand the test of time. It's a wonder product for the price! I've used some super expensive foundations that just haven't done as much for me as this has! Again, the only flaw is that it is a pink toned foundation and there aren't that many shades to chose from. Still a favourite though. 

So there you have it, I use two lower end and two higher end foundations which I switch and change around as desired. It really depends what my skin is doing. I hope this helped some of you that may be looking for a new one to try. Do you have any good foundations I should try? Let me know!


Connect with me:

Instagram; gemfru_x
Twitter; @gemfru_x

No comments:

Post a Comment