Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Sunday 27 April 2014

Makeup Revolution - I'm on board!


So a few days ago I read a post by cosmopolitan on twitter, highlighting which beauty products every girl/woman should own. The first item in their slide show was this lovely palette. I decided I needed it then and there, took a screen shot and vowed to hunt it down. 

That weekend my lovely boyfriend had booked a hotel and spa for us both in manchester to celebrate our second anniversary, which of course had to entail a shopping trip. Perfect timing! So you can imagine how frustrated I was that I managed to get everything on my try/restock list but this palette. It was only while we were travelling home that I had the common sense to 'google' the product to find out where it was stocked & where I could get my mits on it. 

The first result that came up was from Superdrug, which confused me as I'd already spent 45 minutes traipsing around the store frowning at myself. Never the less I continued on to the site and found it. £4? Add to bag! I literally couldn't believe the price, I usually spend more on magazines, or a coffee from Starbucks! At that price I decided to look at some other bits and pieces and settled on a baked blush in 'make love' and 'the one concealer' as well as some other products from other brands which I will review when I have had chance to use them all. 

I intercepted the delivery from my usual postie on Saturday morning as I was dashing out to work. My boyfriend supports my love of makeup but I don't think he would like to know how much I spend on my passion! I made five minutes to unpack my lovely parcel and knowing I had these new products at home sat waiting for me on my vanity table made my long shift at work a whole lot easier! 

So, I've been reading recently that this palette is meant to be a dupe for the naked 3 palette. I'm not a massive eyeshadow girl. Don't get me wrong, I do love them but I don't often have the occasion to use them, and if there's one thing I hate it's looking too 'overdone' just to pop to the corner shop! while I don't own the naked 3, my best friend does so I have seen it/swatched it in the past, and I would have to say I agree! The colours are almost identical - including on how they are set out in the packaging. Obviously the quality of the naked 3 packaging is far superior and comes with a much better applicator - but remember, it's also £33 dearer. 

The pigmentation from these shadows is really really good, although there is some fall out when applying the shades. Nothing that can't be tidied up afterwards or can be avoided altogether with a little tissue held under the eye during application. Staying power seems about average for a 'drugstore' eyeshadow. Not too long, but also not the worst I've seen by far. I also think with a little practise there will be ways of aiding endurance. 

I am thrilled with this product. Super cheap, super product! I can liken this brand to Makeup Accademy - and with this in mind I can imagine that products may be a little hit or miss. But from £1-£4 for base to finish I'm not going to complain! I've already placed another order for some more products to test out! 



So if this is in fact a makeup revolution, you can count me in! So far, so good!


Connect with me! 
Instagram: gemfru_x
Twitter: @gemfru_x

No comments:

Post a Comment