Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Monday 16 June 2014

Real Techniques Mini Brush Trio

Real Techniques seem to be my brush brand of choice at the moment with more then half of my entire makeup brush collection being made up of them. Its easy to see why they have become sort of a cult brush brand within the beauty blogging world and with any makeup enthusiast. 


A couple of months ago I heard on the grapevine that Real Techniques were releasing another brush set to go with the already available nineteen brush's/brush sets and I got excited. A real bug bear of mine is having to cram my makeup brushes into an 'essentials' makeup bag to cart around, risking the brushes getting damaged, misshapen, lost and dirty and I'm guessing I'm not alone. Enter the Real Techniques Mini Brush Trio.

This set contains three mini brushes perfect for on the go. They are smaller than the original brushes so fit nicely in your day to day makeup bag but still have the same wonderful quality that we all know and love. Included in the set are; Mini Foundation Brush (Yellow/Gold Handle) perfect for foundation or concealer touch ups throughout the day. Mini Shading Brush (Purple Handle) for eye shadow touch ups and going from a day to night look for drinks after a day in the office. Mini Face Brush (Pink Handle) perfect for applying powder, blusher and bronzer throughout the day. Of course these brushes can be used for a multitude of different things. The set also comes complete with a small pouch to keep your makeup brushes in, however I already have a small pouch that I much preferred and so threw the Real Techniques offering away (before I'd thought to take a photo, sorry!)
The brushes are super soft and are indeed just mini versions of their full sized relatives and I really cannot fault them one little bit. The brushes are of course made out of synthetic Taklon fibers and so are completely cruelty free - which is a big deal for me. 


I've never been really big on eye shadow, and so I don't tend to take the Mini Shading Brush out with me, but I could see it being a real staple for those who wear eye shadow on a daily basis. 
Although I don't tend to use the traditional flat foundation brushes to apply foundation, I do think that this one is perfect for applying concealer under the eyes or where it might wear off during the day (I'm talking to you, oily t-zone!).
My favourite of the bunch has got to be the Mini Face Brush. Everyone needs this brush in my opinion. First of all, it takes some getting used to using, as of course the brush is so much smaller than my usual bronzer/powder brush however when you have got over this it is the most perfect touch up brush ever. 

As with all the Real Technique brushes, these all wash fantastically and I have seen no shedding whatsoever. 

So if you're looking for some perfect makeup bag essentials then look no further. This set is available here from Boots for only £9.99.

I can honestly say there is not a single brush from Real Techniques that I haven't loved. Is there anything they can't do?!

Have you tried this set or any other Real Techniques brushes? What brushes could you not live without? 

 photo signature1_zpscde86863.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment