Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Evening Skin Care Routine


When it comes to getting ready for bed, surely I'm not alone in wanting my routine to be quick, simple and effective? Lets be honest, if I can have a routine that takes care of my skin but lets me get into bed just that little bit quicker, I'm going to grab it with both hands. Bed, for me, is my haven and anything that keeps me away from it is evil.

The first step is to cleanse. Everyone knows you shouldn't go to bed with all that makeup on your face, your skin needs to breathe and rejuvenate itself. How do you expect it to be able to do that if you're keeping it suffocated 24/7? I never been very good at sticking to one product, and like to grab whatever I'm feeling like to remove my makeup. At the minute I'm using The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter, Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing 2 in 1 Makeup Remover, B. Refined Expholiating Cleanser, Bee Good Honey & Wild Water Mint 3-in-1 Cleansing Water, Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean 3-in-1 Wash Off Deep Purifying Cleanser and good old Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Wipes! (Not all at the same time, of course!)

After I've got any surface grime off my face, I like to go in with some Garnier Micellear water on a large cotton pad to remove anything that I may have missed, or that can't be seen but is still lurking in my pores.

When the micellear water has dried/soaked in/been removed I then apply my night treatment. Currently this consists of The Body Shop Sea Weed Night Treatment. This is a gel consistency and aims to help control excess oil. I apply this liberally on the t-zone and chin and allow to sink in.

Next up is eye cream. I try to apply eye cream once in the morning and again at night, although I don't always remember to. At the moment I'm using Soap & Glory Puffy Eye Attack and to be fair, for a drugstore skincare it seems to be helping with the overall puffiness, but I haven't seen much in the way of improvement in my dark circles. Still, I'll take what I can get.

After eye cream comes a slick of Blistex Intensive Moistoriser on the lips. I always seem to have really dry, flaky skin on my lips but recently this has been doing wonders for them ensuring whatever lip product I choose to apply the next day has a beautifully soft base to work with.
At this point I'll tie my hair back, get changed into some PJ's (usually Minnie Mouse ones!) and go and brush my teeth.

Then its a quick application of either The Body Shop Peppermint Intensive Foot Treatment or Elemis Sp@ Home Treat Your Feet Foot Cream, which helps soothe my tired feet and leave them soft.
And finally I finish off with a little hand cream. At the moment I'm using Johnsons 24 Hour Radiance Hand Cream, which smells amazing.
After all this, which is a lot for me - a self confessed lazy girl, I can finally get into bed and enjoy some well deserved beauty sleep!
What's your night time skin care routine?
 
 
 photo signature1_zpscde86863.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment