Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Sunday 8 June 2014

A Little Body Shop Splurge

So, in the last few months my skin has gone from pretty normal without the hindrance of spots to an oily, spotty mess. And I have no idea why. With that in mind I have been trying to find a skin care routine that works for me and helps to banish some of this excess oil. 

Today my beau treated me to a tourist day (we live in Blackpool, and every now and then we like to go out and do the tourist-y things - visit the attractions, eat hot dogs and hot sugared doughnuts etc.) and on the way back to the car park he let me sneak into The Body Shop. I've been looking at some of their products online for a while now, but wanted to wait until I could go and speak to an adviser about my skin needs. 

I told the lady that was serving me that I was struggling with my oily skin and that I was looking for something that would just take everything off my face at the end of the day. She recommended the following;



Because I have oily skin, she recommended that I try some of the sea weed treatments that The Body Shop do, one of which I have already tried and decided to repurchase. I hadn't thought that it had done much to help with my oil, but since I haven't been using it I have noticed things getting a little bit worse. You use this one as the last step in your skin care routine before bed time, when it is said that your skin does the majority of its rejuvenating and therefore needs a little help. It comes in a pump bottle, which makes the product really easy to dispense and I find that one pump is enough for a full face application. I also picked up the Iconic Seaweed Clay Mask to use as a once a week treat, the product comes in a nice little plastic tub with a screw top lid and a very brief description, but I'm guessing everyone has used a face mask at some time in their life so it should be pretty straight forward. This clay smells nothing like I would have imagined it would have (the name doesn't exactly evoke a pretty picture does it) and is in fact very clean and almost fruity smelling.

I was then directed towards the Camomile Cleansing Butter which I have read so much about this past week on the bloggersphere! It seems everyone has gone crazy for this balm like cleanser and it didn't take much persuasion for me to pop one into my basket. This is said to literally melt all types of makeup off your face, leaving skin soft and fresh. I'm really excited to use this but at the same time don't want to make it look grubby - its looks so pretty and nice right now! I also picked up a muslin cloth to use to remove the cleanser from my face. I know a normal flannel would work just as well but I sometimes find them to be a little rough on my face. 

Not a massive haul, but a good little splurge non the less and i'm looking forward to getting ready for bed so I can put these to good use!

Seaweed Night Treatment - £11.00
Iconic Sea Weed Clay Mask - £12.00
Camomile Cleansing Butter - £12.00
The Body Shop Muslin Cloth - £2.50

What skin care do you use? Have you used any of the skin products from The Body Shop?

Connect with me! 
Instagram; gemfru_x
Twitter; @gemfru_xx

No comments:

Post a Comment