Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Thursday 12 June 2014

My Tattoo's

There's something about tattoo's that really draws me in. I know they're not for everyone, but for me they just make me feel a bit prettier. In total I have seven tattoos from my feet all the way up to my shoulder. Seven may seem like a lot to you, but they're all fairly tiny and most are hidden or very easy to cover up. 

I started with my first at fourteen, which was a huge mistake. The ink never settled in my skin and feels bumpy, I got the worst telling off I've ever had when my mum accidentally saw it and threatened me with telling my dad for a year and its on my lower back which I would never chose to get now - but we all do silly things when we're young don't we? And as its on my back I never see it, so sort of forget its there. I'm not going to include a picture of this one for two reasons; the first being I really don't like it and the second being that I'm alone in the house (if you don't count my puppy, who is no help for taking photo's) and I don't know if you've ever tried but taking a picture of your back is really hard!

When I was eighteen, and on a day out with a friend we decided it would be fun to go and get a tattoo each. I was going through my 'obsessed with Minnie Mouse' stage and so thought it would make a really cute tattoo on my foot. Let me tell you, it was the worst pain I'd ever felt, and worse still was having to go back two weeks later and have some of the shading gone over that I had managed to scratch off by wearing shoes. Ouchy. 



When I was nineteen I decided that I wanted another tattoo, this time on my ribs. I chose a word that I wanted and thoroughly researched the correct translation into arabic - there's no way I was going to risk having 'soup' or 'potato' written on me. I wont actually tell you what it says as its very personal to me, but I think this is my favourite tattoo out of all.



At twenty I decided that I wanted a few different, small tattoo's that I thought were really pretty and cure. I have a crucifix on my right wrist, a very small star on my right shoulder, an infinity sign on the left hand side of my ribs and a heart on the side of my ring finger. There's no real reason behind these ones, I just liked them and still do. 




Tattoo's aren't for everyone and I would not suggest any one to get a tattoo at an early age as I did, its something I really do regret. Your body hasn't finished developing at that age and your skin still needs to stretch which can result in your tattoo going badly. 

What tattoo's have you got? Are there any that you want or are planning on getting?

Connect with me!

Twitter; @gemfru_xx
Instagram; gemfru_x


 photo signature1_zpscde86863.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting my first tattoo on Monday and I'm really nervous about the pain! The piece I'm getting is sort of big for a first tattoo, it's a sun with a face that's about 3 or 4 inches across, and I'm putting it on my ribs which is apparently the worst place haha! What advice can you give me for getting through it? Should I eat? Hahaha, the nerves, I tell you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've literally only just got an email notification for this comment! How stupid! Did you get it? Or did you mean next monday?! The only advice I could give you is to go with plenty of time - if you're having numbing cream go there first then go get something to eat and drink and chill out for a little while while the cream gets to work. Make sure you go with someone, you'll be surprised how much easier it can be with someone there just to have a joke with or hold hands with. I've got to say though, I don't think there is a universally 'worst' place for a tattoo. For me, my ribs was one of the easiest pieces to get even though there was a lot of 'shading' and it was quite time consuming being lettering, on the other hand my 'minnie mouse' piece on my foot KILLED me. Literally. It was horrendous! Yours sounds lovely, you'll have to send me a picture when its done! For after care, showering is fine but don't allow your tattoo to "sit" in water as this can effect the way that the ink settles. Smother it in bepanthen or sudocream and give it time, try not to play with it or touch it at all if you can help it! I hope that helps! Good luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete