Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Wednesday 27 August 2014

The Beauty Blogger Tag


I've seen the "Beauty Blogger Tag" crop up on almost every blog I've ever read and have always wanted to give it a go. For a long time I've waited to be tagged, but then it occurred to me - do I need to be tagged to type out my answers? No, probably not. Without further ado, the Beauty Blogger Tag.
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
A little in between, it's not straight or curly. Its a bit wavy with some added frizz.
2. What is your natural hair colour?
Quite a dark brown, but it naturally lightens a fair amount in the summer.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I go to a salon. I've had some DIY disasters before, so I find its best to leave it to those in the know now..

4. How often do you wash your hair?
I try to not to wash it more than twice a week, relying on dry shampoo if I need to.

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
Working in hospitality means that I have to have my hair tied up and out of the way, but on days off I change my hair style a lot. 
6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I go to a salon to have my acrylic nails done, but I'll change the colour of them myself every few days.
7. How often to you change your nail polish?
I'm very indecisive when it comes to nail polish, I tend to switch it up every couple of days.
8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
I have to have my toes painted the whole year through. They just don't look right without polish!

9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
It really depends on the look I'm going for, how much energy I've got and if I'm focused. On an average day I'd say 45 minutes.
10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Face! Hats off to the girls who can do their eyes first, but it just baffles me!

11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
Its definitely a collection, and it may be slightly out of control!

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I used to wear them every day but now its just as and when I fancy them, but not during the day really.

13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
If I'm leaving the house I do, I feel much more confident with a full face of makeup on than without.

14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
Unless I'm filming a YouTube video, or something like that, no.

15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes, walking the dog or popping to the shop doesn't need makeup.
16. How many high end products do you have?
More than is necessary. High end lipsticks are my weakness and I have a fair collection of them now. 

17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
I try to do it every two weeks, but sometimes real life gets in the way and I leave them for far longer than I should do..

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
I'm a throw on and moan that I have nothing to wear kind of girl. I don't plan my outfits, but I always have some back up outfits in my head just in case.
19. How often do you change your handbag?
I have three or four in constant rotation, whenever I'm bored of lugging one around I'll switch to the other and so on.

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
I don't have a pattern, working unsociable hours can mean that someday's I don't get home until 2am. If I'm not working, I generally go to bed when Chris does, around the 10:30pm mark. Chris usually wakes me with a cup of tea in the morning at 8am. He's a good'un!

21. How often & when do you workout?
Hahaha. I don't workout. I occasionally go for a run. But other than that, I'm an exercise free zone!

22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
Right handed.

23. How tall are you?
5"4 ish.

24. Do you speak a foreign language?
Enough French to survive if I got lost in Paris, but other than that, no.
25. How many pets do you have?
I have Todd, my beautiful cockapoo puppy, Niko a Russian dwarf hamster and Jasper the 17 year old cat.

26. How often are you on Blogger?
Not as often as I'd like to be. Unfortunately I just don't get as much free time to blog as I'd like to.

27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?
On my own blog, every single one! I do tend to have a browse of other peoples comments on blogs if I'm commenting myself.
28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Oh yes! There's a page in my diary dedicated to things I want to buy!

29. How did you come up with your blog name?
Haha! My friend Andrea and I have a running joke that whenever we have a camera pointed at us, we do the "peace and pout". When I was thinking of a blog name, it just seemed to fit and felt like it was a little bit of me stamped on there.

30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
I'm currently using the camera on my Iphone 5s. The quality is good and its really easy to upload on to Blogger using the app!

31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
I 'straighten up' everyday, but I clean whenever it needs doing.

32. What is your favourite colour?
Nudey pink or sunshine yellow.

33. What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
I read cosmo every month, so I guess you could say that that is my favourite.

34. Do you swear?
Yes, more around some people. I don't swear at all around my grandparents.
35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I'm going to walk the dog, do a few more posts ready for the rest of the week and possibly nip to my Granny and Granddads for some lunch!

So there it is, my answers to the Beauty Blogger Tag! 
I would like to tag anyone that wants to answer the questions! Let your readers get to know the person behind the blog a little better!
 photo signature1_zpscde86863.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment