Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Bourjois - The Top Three Newbies

Hello gorgeous!
So I feel like I haven't really been blogging recently, and I had a little break from filming YouTube video's over the weekend - do you ever feel like you just need a few days away from it all? That's what I've been having - no makeup, hair up in a pineapple, practically living in sweat pants. But I feel better for it, and I'm ready to get back into the game!

It would seem that Bourjois are really up-ing the game when it comes to 'drugstore' makeup brands. I can't remember the last time I picked up one of their products and wasn't impressed. Admittedly, I would like to see some branching out from the norm, eye shadow palette perhaps? But still, most things in their makeup line impress. Which is why I felt I just had to pick up another couple of products from them. I have really been trying to cut back on the spending recently but as hard as I try, some things I just cannot resist. I also use the excuse that they're cheap enough, so just a little treat hey?

Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-ist £9.00
Since picking up my first Rouge Edition Velvet I have been hooked. The colour pay off, the texture & consistency and the time that they last on the lips are all amazing, whats not to like? When I saw that Bourjois had released some more colours into the line I couldn't help but get one. Being a nude-lip girl through and through meant that one glimpse at the Nude-ist was game over. I had to have it. This offering is a beautiful mauve-y pink colour with the slightest hint of brown. It lasts just as well on the lips as the more vibrant colours and doesn't especially dry them out. Application can be a little tricky, however you can avoid this by using a lip brush to apply around the perimeter of the lips.

Instant Dry Nail Drops £5.99
I love changing the colour of my nails. I'm very indecisive and although you can usually find me sporting a muted shade, I do like to change them up every couple of days. Another thing you might know about me is that I am very impatient which of course means that my freshly painted nails nearly always end up smudged and messy. I've been interested in the multitude of 'instant dry' products on the market but always put off by the prices. Enter the Bourjois Instant Dry Nail Drops. Directions state that you apply one or two drops onto nails that have been painted with a colour and/or a top coat, leave for a minute and nails should be dry (or almost dry!). Sounds pretty good right? No more painting nails before bed and smudging them whilst I sleep, Yippee!

1 Seconde Mascara Waterproof Black £9.99
I have always been a mascara hoarder, since being a young teenager, it has been my product of choice, which of course meant that after the hundreds of reviews I had read on this one had got my interested to say the least. I decided to get the waterproof version as it boasts a twenty four hour hold, something that definitely interests me. The brush - as you will have been told many times no doubt - is possibly the weirdest I've seen, but somehow it works. A quick coating of this mascara leaves lashes voluminous, lengthened and jet black. Ticks every box, right? Its quite easy to get off with a good cleanser, which surprised me as I usually really struggle with waterproof mascara. 
Have you got any of these products? What do you love from Bourjois? 
 photo signature1_zpscde86863.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so need to try the new Bourjois Rouge Velvets! They sound so good and I love a low maintenance, long lasting lip colour! xxx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gem you have to get these! They have some amazing, vibrant colours and last sooo long. I wore one to work and got twelve hours wear out of it, crazy good!xxx

      Delete