Home About Contact Contents Image Map

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Sleek Eyebrow Stylist


Eyebrow products are something which I really am addicted to. A new product launch? I'm on it like a flash. My eyebrow product collection is pretty large, and I have no plans to stop collecting yet, I like choice when it comes to filling in my brows. I've been 'into' my brows now for about four years, and really since well defined brows became a 'thing'. I've tried a multitude of products, pencils, gels, fibres, wax, powders, felt tips and crayons and although I've found some very good products that work well and that I enjoy using, I'm constantly on the look out for the best.
When I saw that Sleek has released a new eyebrow 'crayon' a few months ago, I popped one into my metaphorical basket asap and sped off to the check out, picking up other bits as I went of course. Its taken me until now to review this, because I don't stick to one product for my brows every day, I use what I feel like, and its very rare that that will be the same thing from day to day.


The packaging of this brow crayon is, well, sleek. Its a lovely, good size plastic barrel with the name 'Sleek' embossed onto one of the lids and the website embossed on the barrel. It has two ends, one is the crayon which doesn't need sharpening as its a twist up mechanism and the other is a built in 'spooly' to groom your brows and to brush out excess product.
I got this crayon in medium 717 which is quite an ashy brown. I know that some people hate high street brow products because they can be too warm and have a lot of red pigment in them, this one doesn't. This crayon appears to be made up from a mix of wax and pigment and if you're a little too heavy handed can stick your brow hairs together and to the skin underneath. However, with a light hand and a regular brush through, I've found this product works very well. It gives off enough colour without that 'sharpie' appearance and doesn't look too over done. It helps to keep brows in place for at least 7-8 hours and doesn't 'melt' off on hot, humid days.
I would definitely recommend this Sleek offering to those of you that perhaps do not already own a similar product as it is good, but not unlike others of its nature. Those of you that already own a 'crayon' type, I'd say you probably don't need this. It doesn't do anything amazing, and it just a basic eyebrow tool, but a good one at that.
You can purchase the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist for £5.99 here
 
 photo signature1_zpscde86863.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment